350g Dried Fruit
350ml Black Tea (we used our Zesty Lemon Tea)
2 Medium Eggs
270g Self Raising Flour
200g Soft Brown Sugar
The night before you bake put the dried fruit in a bowl, brew your Zesty Lemon tea and add to the bowl to let the fruit soak overnight. This makes you cake soft and the fruit bursting with flavour. We used our Zesty Lemon tea but other black teas would work like Irish Hot Toddy or Kyoto Spring to bring through sweet or lemony flavours.
1. Now your fruit is plump and full of tea.
2. Mix in eggs and cinnamon with a wooden spoon.
3. Add the brown sugar next and once mixed together sift in the flour a bit at a time.
4. Add the mixture to a buttered and lined 2lb bread tin (or two 1lb ones).
5. Bake in the oven at 180 for 1 - 1 1/2 hours, check with a toothpick to check its cooked all the way through.
6. Serve with a spread of butter and a hot cup of the same tea you used for your bake.