CLICK & COLLECT AVAILABLE
Free UK shipping over £30 | REst of the world over £40 | America over £80
Limoncello Cake Recipe
Have you got the lockdown baking bug? If you fancy trying an spin on an old Italian recipe we like the taste of why not try this simple but delicious limoncello cake. So check the cupboards for your ingredients and
Ingredients you will need:
170g softened butter
170g granulated sugar
1 tablespoon of finely grated lemon zest
2 tablespoons of limoncello
175g self raising flour
Prepare by weighing out all the ingredients you will need, grating the lemon zest and whisking the eggs together.
1. Get started by preheating your oven to 170 c a low heat for a longer bake.
2. Grease and flour a oblong load pan.
3. In a bowl whisk the butter with sugar and lemon zest. Use either a machine or hand whisk but then finish combining together with a wooden spoon.
4. Gradually add your whisked eggs to the mixture along with the limoncello and combine.
TIP if the mixture starts to separate add a little flour before combining.
5. Next sift your flour in to the mixture, using a metal spoon to fold it in for a light result.
6. Now pour your combined mixture in to your pan for 45 minutes, checking with a toothpick for the last 10 to see if it's ready.
TIP Wipe off the top of your pan for a clean edge to your cake.
TIP If the top starts to brown too much before it's fully cooked put some foil over the top.
7. Remove from the oven and let cool in the pan for 5 minutes and then leave to cool completely on a wire rack.
8. Finish with icing sugar and some added lemon zest for the final effect.
Now what to have with your freshly made cake? We paired this lemony cake with a strong ginger tea. A cup of Lemon and Ginger Zinger gives balance to the cake and creates a relaxing afternoon mood. Or have an ice cold shot of limoncello to chase it with to celebrate the evening to come.